View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 01:13 AM   #35
Montierth

Re: First Drive this AM since Crate! Also foams too tall/firm!

Ok, so I have made a couple decisions.
1. Today I ordered the lowered brackets for my bench. I figure for $99 I will save a lot of time and probably money either cutting down foams or making my own brackets. I got a call from the company soon after I ordered and they said they are shipping tomorrow from TX to AZ. I'll post a lot of photos once I get em.

2. The fuel line (eliminate fire hazard)- I really think I need a fuel filter between the pump and the carb. For ease and looks I will probably order the Edelbrock 8131 with the fuel filter built in and the Edelbrock Braided fuel line kit or the Jegs braided fuel line kit and then I think will need an adapter from the line to my stock mechanical fuel pump from 6an to 3/8.

3. Just a side note - I have a 12 bolt rearend with 3.07 gearing. I just installed my 350/290 Gen 0 crate engine with carter 4 barrel carb, dual headers, flowmaster exhaust, and a TH350 transmission. Everything I read said that the stock engine and the 3.07 gearing would be slow at the lights but good on the freeway. I don't understand why some have said that. When I just took my truck out yesterday I was pleasantly surprised how fast the truck is and how easy I could do a burnout. In fact while I was giving it a little push it chirped the tires shifting on the highway. Really looking forward to driving this truck. Definitely faster than my Silverado. And of course my 70 will never be used for towing or carrying much in the bed.
- 1967 Chevy C10
- 1970 GMC C2500 Dually Flat Bed
- 2003 Silverado
Montierth is offline   Reply With Quote