View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #7
burnitg

Re: Project Screamer - '72 GMC K2500 + DD 4-53T

The UPS Man cometh...

I have been on a parts buying binge in the last couple of days. I ordered the motor mounts and while I was waiting for them, I purchased some parts for the engine and transmission that I know I will need.

Here's the clutch. It is the pull type. This is my first experience with a pull type clutch and just learning how to install and set it up has been interesting.

I purchased the clutch kit and received only the pressure plate/release bearing and clutch disk. I still need to find an alignment tool and a clutch brake.

Name:  Pull Clutch - small.jpg
Views: 5682
Size:  67.1 KB

Here's the K-2019 Overdrive conversion kit to make my RT-6610 a RTO-6610. I called a couple of parts vendors and they told me these were no longer being produced and out of stock. If you think you might want one, better buy it now. I purchased this one from General Truck Parts.

Name:  K-2019 Overdrive kit - small.jpg
Views: 5259
Size:  72.4 KB

Here's the K-1850 Basic Rebuild Kit for the RT/RTO-6610. It seems very complete to me...

Name:  K-1850 Rebuild Kit - small.jpg
Views: 5432
Size:  72.5 KB

Here are some parts for the 4-53T. I had to reverse the oil pan to move the sump from the front to the rear so I purchased the longer oil pickup tube for the rear mounted sump. I also purchased a rear main seal, a couple of valve cover gaskets and an oil pan gasket.

Name:  DD Gaskets & Oil Pickup - small.jpg
Views: 5339
Size:  61.0 KB

Here are the motor mounts. I plan to mount the engine from the front mount and the brackets on the flywheel housing. I am looking at a mount for the rear of the transmission. There is no obvious place on the transmission for attachment so I will have to get creative.

Name:  Motor Mounts - small.jpg
Views: 5209
Size:  69.9 KB

Next step - fabricate motor mount plates for the front and rear of the engine and weld them into the chassis.
burnitg is offline   Reply With Quote