View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 08:15 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: Show me your rear parking brake cable with lift

No part number. you just tell him what truck you have and how much longer you want them. Don't expect him to figure it out for you. Have your information ready. He is in business to offer factory spec replacement parts for restorations. I may be the one who convinced him to start doing these cables custom. Many years ago I called for cables for my 6" lift and he flat out told me he only did OEM spec. I already knew exactly what I needed. He builds to order and I convinced him it was nothing he couldn't do 100% OEM, except in for my specified length. He was hesitant and said if they were wrong he wasn't responsible. I said, "Right!", and he made them and they worked out fine. This was over 10 years ago and I have told people about Inline tube many times over till it became common knowledge here on this site. I also had a longer braided stainless rear brake hose made and bought proper fitting t-block and rear axle (HO52) brake line in that order. I had bought the Skyjacker(?) 4-6" braided hose kit and the fronts worked fine but the rear hose had an incompatible size fitting which would have required a series of adapting hard line to cobble together. Their stuff bolted right in place and my truck was put together right!
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote