View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #3895
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
On this 396 in the 57 Panel I'm working on I installed the fan and temp sensor in a t-fitting because on this old intake manifold there was only 1 hole for the sensors. I hid best I could the wires down the front of the engine to the fan relay on the core support. Just an idea. Have fun.
Looks nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57truckguy View Post
Alan, I'm trying to figure out why you need power at that location. My temp sensor is a grounding source to turn on the fan, or complete the circuit, when the temp gets hot enough to close the switch in the sensor. Most sensor are just on/off switches to ground, at least the ones I've used on my vehicles. Your wiring kit should have a power wire in it for the fan. If you want I could get the wiring diagram I used for my fan!
Posted via Mobile Device
See diagram below. The yellow wire to the temp switch is the question. I hooked the green up to the power wire on the AC compressor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Custom View Post
I guess your picture of the Grile when it was laying down gave me the impression it was a darker color, no excuses for not getting up there and seeing it in person
The flash washed it out.
Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote