View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 AM   #3822
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Thanks to Shannon for coming over and helping on bleeding the brakes, hooking up the hood springs and tightening the cab bolts. I also worked on cleaning up the wires at the headlight relays.

I do have a question. If you have the flashers on and step on the brakes do the turn signal indicators on the dash light up steady. It's been so long since I drove a 60's truck or car I can't remember. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to do that since the flasher and brake lights are the same bulb.

The head lights are not connected or the front turn signals aren't either, but I don't think this will have any bearing on the problems I see. I actually think the battery is low. I will charge tomorrow and recheck.

Tonight when I hooked up the battery the flashers started working. I discovered the switch was on: however, they quit flashing after 6-7 flashes (flasher switch on). The highbeam indicator was on and I used the floor switch to turn it off, but it didn't work. Just now I went out and hooked up the battery again and now it is off. I'm hoping a low charge on the battery will explain some of this.
Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote