View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #108
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Ok, so another major piece of the puzzle arrived today in a Big Brown truck. As I mentioned earlier, I don't have a lot of the major fabrication tools for this kind of job, and that was causing me to have troubles closing in the firewall. To do it properly and not look like a total hack job would have meant either buying, borrowing, or renting a sheet metal break.
Fortunately for me Justin and the guys out at Scott's Hot rods were nice enough to put a box together for me exactly the way i wanted it. There's no way I could have put something like this together even if I had the right equipment. The damn thing is first class quality.
So the first thing I had to do was cut the opening in the firewall to accept the box portion. The plan is once I have that where it needs to be I will then trace around the flange portion so I know where the final cuts needs to be. Then it's just a matter of connecting it to the floor boards and stitching it to the firewall.

Anybody know what this thing is mounted on the firewall? For the life of me I can't figure out what the hell its for. On the inside of the cab it has a small steel tube coming out of it. I am trying to decide if I should grind it off or just notch the flange and work around it.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote