View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #121
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
I like the way the truck sits as I am a little to old school for the dropped to the ground look. I am a little concerned about the distance between your axle and the frame. Have you jumped up and down the in the back to see if it's gonna hit? Love the truck and really like the 6 in a row.
Cape' I hear what your saying. I think it is still a little to close for comfort. I think when I do the final assembly on the truck it will be good though. The plan is to shorten up on the lowering blocks a 1/2" and to go with another 1/2" of back spacing on the wheels. That will put the outer most part of the tire just inside the lip of the fender. Plus the fact that in the pics the shocks are off so I think its a little spongy right now.

Once I put everything back as planned it should be fine, This is just a truck for running slow for coffee and breakfast with the wife, my racing days are over. I like the look of a lowered truck but not with the wheels and tires tucked real tight up under the fenders. My cup of tea is to have the fender opening filled just out to the lip of the fender. Plus I didn't want to spend the cash on a different rear.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote