View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 08:48 PM   #67
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Scratch that last. Talked with a sandblasting company in New Ulm (about 30 miles from here) that normally does trailers, semis, etc. and they'll do the frame for me. Their rate is $80/hr but they thought with it as stripped down as it is that it would only take an hour or so. I'd have that much tied up in blasting media alone! That's not to mention the hours and hours I'd have involved in doing it myself, nor the mess involved, nor the cost of electricity, nor the wear and tear on my equipment (and body!). Seems like a no-brainer to me. If they do a good job with the frame, I'll see if they have any non-destructive media they could use to clean my "new" cab and other sheetmetal. Don't know if they get into that type of stuff, but maybe they'd have a recommendation on someone who does.

Hate to seem lazy all of a sudden after all of the work I've put into this, but my time is worth something and with winter approaching I really want a painted rolling chassis before I have to pack it up for the winter.

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote