View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #46
C10Coloradoguy

More puzzle pieces

Sorry Moose, not yet, I was sick for a week and just started playing with it again.

I bought an $8 test light and another box of fuses so I can move forward. I hooked up the battery and then clipped the test light to ground and tested the red wire on the back of the fuse block that is the input for both the purple and the brown wire that run to the TS switch. (The purple TS switch feed and the brown hazard feed wire share this red wire on the fuses with the TS switch to the left (10 amp) and the hazard to the right (15 amp))

Light comes on so this red wire is good.

Touched to the backside of the fuse block on the hazard (brown) wire. Light came on so this wire is good.

Touch to the purple wire....nothing. I've suspected this wire from the very beginning but I can't see anything wrong with it. Delving a little further I used my digital multimeter to test further, after unhooking the battery of course.

On the AAW harness, on the back side of both the TURN and the HAZARD fuses, there is the red wire input on one side and then each side runs a short jumper wire to one corner of the fuse block where the flashers connect. It is here where both main wires run directly from the fuse block and up to the TS switch. So the question begged, is it a problem before or after the flasher?

Back to the multi-meter: So, checking for a clear path to ground, I set it to 20k on the ohms scale, put the black lead to a good ground, and then put the red lead to each wire. Red wire: 0 ohms, no resistance. Brown wire: 0 ohms, no resistance. Purple wire: .85 ohms, resistance. Hmmmm This tells me it's the jumper wire and not the main purple wire.

That's how far I am right now. Still trying to understand why there is resistance in the wire and what the solution is.
C10Coloradoguy is offline   Reply With Quote