View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 10:55 PM   #20
mr48chev

Re: A couple 71/72 cab and vin questions.

I went out and looked at my 71 GMC 2500 and it does have the stamped spot for the original mirror. Mine was in pretty rough shape and I think the one in it is out of a Dodge Van I parted out. If memory serves right the glass on the mirror was so cloudy and crazed you couldn't see very clear.

No vent on the GMC door posts to my surprise.

The original rivets on my door post tag look excactly like what CG showed on his and I know mine have never been changed.

I wish someone would make decals for the door post tags on all of the AD though 72 trucks as a lot of them got painted over or someone scrubbed the original printing off of them trying to clean them up. It would save a lot of us a lot of hassles to be able to clean the tag up on the door post and lay a new decal on it to have the right colors that in all actuality have no legal value outside of tonnage on the older trucks.

The flash overpowered the printing a bit but you can see the rivets and that was what I wanted to show.
Attached Images

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote