View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #24
Jsfucttruck

Re: Rusty 68 K20 Burb

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
I would get it running and put a reliable heater in it. Then drive it for a few thousand miles and see how the body holds up. If the body mounts are shot and the floors are real bad it might not be worth saving.
Look for a G86 on the glove box door. I think that denotes a Detroit locker.
with a little work you can install power steering, and power brakes and even put front discs on the closed knuckle front axle.
I would be inclined to keep that six if it is a 292.
Is the Rockwell married to the SM420? The only draw back to the Rockwell is parts availability. The rear intermediate shaft bearing retainer is aluminum as I recall and I wore one out. It was tough to find a replacement.

Actually it's not too bad underneath.
I only have one mount that might give me a problem.
Pass Front

Driver Front

Pass mid ship

Driver mid ship

The rears look to be just as good as the rest.

As far as the rear locker. I can't read the tag, it is too damaged. It doesn't really matter to me, I guess it could matter to the next guy. I will inspect it before I part with it. Power steering and power brakes will come with the other chassis. I am not even going to bother with the closed knuckle/drum brake dana 44, I got a dana 60 that's going to take it's place.

My bad, it's a 465/rockwell combo.
Not going to use that either.
I have a 465 to a twin sticked 205. The plan is to eventually run a auto with a 203/205 combo.
Jsfucttruck is offline   Reply With Quote