View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 10:09 PM   #5
steveo3318

Re: FITECH EFI 600 Basic and Command center intall with pics, factory tank

On the command Center if you will plumb it before you take your carb off from the mechanical pump, you can actually start the truck and let the FCC fill until the carb runs out of fuel. It will not squirt out of the high pressure side as long as it does not have power. This is what I did and it will save your starter. I literally turned the key on and off twice to prime the fuel pump an TB. It started the first time I hit the starter like a brand new car. It idled up and ran perfect. I checked everything and no leaks of fuel or anything.

Here is a true testament to how much this Kit can correct!!!! I was pulling out of the driveway and figured out quick I had NO brakes. The Kit actually fired right up and corrected for the brake booster line being left off and was running fine with a huge ass vacuum leak. I put it back on and commanded the display for a relearn. Ran even better.

I truly cannot say one bad word. Every part in the kit was quality parts. I was honestly surprised at the quality for the price. The installation was very well documented and strait forward. The absolute only thing I questioned was the power plug in on the display felt a little flimsy but its so small not much else can be expected.

HOWS THE TRUCK RUN!

I have driven close to 50 miles and it getting sweeter and sweeter. Throttle response in crisp and fast. Feels like alot more low end torque and pulls harder for sure. cruising is smoother for sure. No more eye burning smells from the exhaust. the AFR's are right on target and they track very fast throughout the transition of the throttle and demand for fuel. The display has a ton of features that I did not show. Way more than anyone will ever use or understand.

All this being said I will Honestly never buy another Carb again and this is also going on my 65 mustang fastback gt when I start the restoration.

Ok I am done if anyone has any questions just ask.
4/6 drop with riddler 20x8 and 20x10
1957 S5T Leslie Supertyfon train horns and EMD bell
"No bolt left unturned"
steveo3318 is offline   Reply With Quote