Thread: project 39
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #47
CSHADES

Re: project 39

I finished the bumper mount on Saturday morning. So I started on fitting the 1939 upper grille trim to the 40 radiator support. After eye balling it for a while I went in the house for lunch, told the girlfriend that I was tempted to just leave the 40 trim in place because of the amount of work it was going to take to change it over. She looked straight at me and said why would you do that? you will never be happy unless it has the right one on there. I decided she was right(as usual). Anyone that tells you that the '39 support is the same as a '40 is full of s**t. The upper lip and front top corners are not even close to bolt on the '39 trim. I ended up making a jig to keep the hood ornament and hood in place, got that mounted and started slicing up the radiator support. I have to say this support is the nicest I have ever seen so it was a bit difficult to do. I would not recommend doing this unless you have some upper pieces from an actual '39 support. I luckily had a very messed up set of panels and the upper brace from a truck I bought 10 years ago. I will post some more pics as I go along.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote