View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 12:26 AM   #211
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuSSwagon View Post
Outstanding Larry, looks great!

I got my 2002 8.1L dually on the road this weekend, it surprised me how quick that big beast can pickup speed.
Thanks! Congrats on your new beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud.man.rj View Post
Such a clean engine install looks like it came factory.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanroo View Post
if you ever decide to get out of the truck game, call me. i love this burb!
They'll probably have to cut me in half to bury half of me in the K10 and the other half in the Suburban but I'll keep you in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomad75 View Post
What the hell is going on with that trans? I'm lost on this one. I'll let you break it to Harlan. I'll do some research at work and see if there is something we all missed.

Can't wait to check out the beast. Can't wait to get the goodies from Carbondale either!
I dunno either dude. Right now it is kind of a pisser and a huge waste of money. I even tried the burnish thing Dean was talking about by forcing it into 5th over and over and over. 4th to 5th, 4th to 5th, 4th to 5th, 4th to 5th, 4th to 5th, 4th to 5th….. It will only go in with high speed. It has the same odd feeling the old F body cars did where it made you skip shift. That is how this feels when it rejects 5th. It’s like pushing up against a wall…just won’t go until you speed up. The K10 will go into 5th at 20 MPH if you want. I’ll say this though, the trans in the Burb is as quiet as a church mouse which I can’t say that for the K10 although I attribute much of the noise in the K10 to the 205.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote