View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 04:12 AM   #9
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

The engine is an all aluminum 4.2 Liter 24 valve double overhead cam straight 6. This engine came in Chevy Trailblazers, GMC Envoys, Buick Rainiers, Isuzu Asenders and Saab 9-7xs from 2002 through 2009. Mine is a 2008 version which put out 290hp stock, with the individual throttle bodies, more engine control via the new AEM ECU and free flowing exhaust, I should be seeing probably around 325hp from this engine to start which is close to triple the output of the std Jimmy 250 I6 and nearly double the Jimmy 350 small block from 1970. The engine has 10,000 miles on it. With some port work on the exhaust side and cams these engines are pushing past 400hp and with boost well past 700.

Anyway, progress today, Cleaned up a few areas on the top and brackets, changed out plugs for new and got the coils mounted. Started unweaving the wiring harness to pull out the individual pigtails I'll need for the new ECU. Attached are some pics with the coils, then the next pic is with the pigtails for the coils, fuel-rail, and water temp sensor although I think I'm going run the new harness towards the back and not towards the front as shown and how stock harness runs.
Attached Images

skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote