View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 09:07 AM   #52
special-K
Special Order

Re: Do people like the old truck manual transmissions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Another Mayall fan!
Yeppers!! Since I was but a young lad... since I first heard him. Been to see him in concert more times than I can count (more than 5 :lol)

My '67 SWB project will be an era-correct "hot truck", including Muncie Rock Crusher. It just seems right! Behind that I plan an auxiliary O/D (CV or DNE) to retain "fun gears" while making it good for my future travel dreams. I've considered selling to coded '65 Pontiac A-body M22 for all the money it's worth and go with a 5spd, which would be the economic choice. A 700r4 would be the simplest but I just got to have that stick shift because that was the performance choice in that era just before automatic came on strong on the strip. How cool would it be leaving a cruise-in split shifting like a big rig? Shifting/clutching is second nature for me. Never had a sore leg from a clutch. Plus there are Centerforce dual friction clutches to ease the strain

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote