View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #68
nlped

Re: My "New" '76 2wd TOY...currently un-named

I admit that I'm draggin a$$ this summer, but I am in my last semester of college (my midlife crisis is to get a college degree so I can hold it over my kid's head) and will be graduating in 22 days . And the weather has been nothing but MISERABLE down here! Remember I am doing this in a gravel driveway behind the house, so the motivation to sweat like h%ll isn't very high when you have to drag a floor jack through the gravel.

I did finally get a new D/S LCA, knocked out/cut out all of the upper and lower ball joints and removed the oe control arm bushings...absolute PITA (the bushings), got them sandblasted and repainted them with the same chassis paint I used on the 12 bolt. Now I just need some cooler weather, a couple of days without any school or work conflicts and I will get the frontend put back together. I plan on trying to get the front end back together this weekend if the weather permits.

Oh BTW I'm also about to pull the trigger on some of Nate Porter's parts for a later time in Da' Bull's future . I can use all of the stock parts that I have rebuilt on the 'burb when the time comes.

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha

Last edited by nlped; 07-14-2010 at 06:48 PM.
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote