View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #252
silvertip67

Re: post your 67-72 4x4

what a beautiful vehicle !even though your remarks reveal that you are a perfectionist...it sure looks like a fun ride...

I am a bit torn myself as to whether or not to paint mine or just keep waxing the original paint...I really love the dark green color from '67...and it does eat up the wax!...my '67 CST also comes from Colorado...so I am blessed w/ a super body for a 43 year old vehicle...

...but I like just riding mine as well...it walks the dog in 4WD...I moved to Virginia (shenendoah)from a 1000 acre ranch in Co...so life here is a bit more tame...but folks here love the shape of the old ride...somehow havingt the original paint and interior does has an interesting effect...the truck only has 67k originall miles...it was a familys camper truick and just rode in summers etc...

I have to fix the rear body mount( the dry rot has caused a little slip)...I am going to put on some air shocks too to get the rear up a little...other than getting some new rubber this fall I am probably just going to leave it alone for the winter...I did get rid if the original split rims...nobody wanted to work on them...

enjoy everyones posts...t
silvertip67 is offline   Reply With Quote