View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 09:30 AM   #5
-Greg72

Re: How deep do you go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtscoots View Post
My short term goal is to just make a running driving blazer for now. How does everyone keep from digging deeper? For instance I’m replacing head gaskets well my heads are cracked I have some down time. I decide to clean up and paint some the frame. Next thing I know I have the hole front clip off and I’m doing rust repairs. When I do find some new heads it will be more convenient to get them in place now. I guess I need to draw a line in the sand. I currently have parts on the rear the front and the interior all torn apart.

Also I have no intentions of ever using my ac I plan on taking all the ac parts out to make room is the a stupid idea? I don’t plan on ever selling but would that have a major affect on resale?

I call that the "Might As Well" syndrome.... you get far enough in, and it is hard to leave trouble spots alone and simply ignore them.

No idea how to avoid it... I have been saying that phrase for the last 14 years which probably explains why I'm still on jackstands in the garage.

-G

1972 K5 - 502BBC/4L80E/Magnum205/Mog-9s/5.26s/38" BFG KM2s

Find me on INSTAGRAM @MIGHTASWELLK5

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build
-Greg72 is offline   Reply With Quote