View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 11:18 PM   #24
hkopp

Re: photos of 60-61 Chevy truck with factory paint

I wont be doing much with the body...I bought it from my father in the early the 90's, but it was stored at least 15 of those years. This year I've been focusing on another cobra jet mustang for my wife and a 67 camaro i bought last yr, but I need to tear my daily driver (an avalanche) down this winter for a trans rebuild/upgrade and want a 4x4 for the winter. Otherwise I wouldnt be working on the 60 right now.

I ripped the original 2 barrel intake and rochester off the '68 327 thats in it this morning, it was always a great running truck but the years of wear and the old gas sitting in it over a decade was the nail in the coffin. I'm putting a performer with a vac 600 holley on it tomorrow, hoping it will still give me decent gas mileage. Also shelving the points distributor (it has the spring oil cap on it for oiling...odd) for an oem HEI unit. Nothing fancy with this one...I have shelves of double pumpers, half a dozen msd 6al's, etc, its hard not to go crazy with aftermarket stuff but I want it to be a reliable somewhat stock truck. I like this truck the way it looks, it earned all those battle scars and I dont want another trailer queen or worry about scratching it.

My father had to beef up the rear bumper to haul the farm equipment we had, it usually pulled an 8 wheeled lowboy with a triple disc harrow on it. I removed the 2 5/16 class 5 ball off it...and mounted the hitch last year just to move my stuff. I had to torch all the bracing under the bumper that was added. This truck pulled its ass off, all while having 2000 pounds in the bed. They dont build them like that anymore.

hkopp is offline   Reply With Quote