Thread: 47-55.1 $188,000 Pickup
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
dsraven

Re: $188,000 Pickup

I would watch some of those reality shows if it wasn't for the wasted time rehashing what you just watched. the show could be 15 minutes long if they took put the rehash stuff. they could add in some more actual work getting done. I know in any shop I worked in over the years you had better be able to justify the time spent doing ANY job. like said, 1.5 hrs researching the door hardware? I wonder what the rest of the invoice looks like.
lets see, complete sheet metal kit from premier street rods, includes
Cab-pic shows doors attached-these are the guys who assemble on site so doors etc fit.
Core Support
Radiator Lower Support
Hood Latch Panel
Inner Fender - RH
Inner Fender - LH
Front Fender - RH
Front Fender - LH
Headlight Bucket - RH
Headlight Bucket - LH
Running Board - RH
Running Board - LH
Rear Fender - Left
Rear Fender - Right
Complete Bed Kit
Rear Fender Splash Apron - LH
Rear Fender Splash Apron - RH
Rear Gravel Shield
Front Splash Apron
Cowl Vent
Hood
cost is $13,000

lets go with an art morrison frame package with a few add on's. lets say $20,000

that leaves a lot of stuff out, I know,but look at the savings in labor. and it's all new, not patched. far cry from the total

like said, do the buyer a favor and just buy the spendy labor parts as a complete ready to go unit. if I was doing my 57 again it would start out with a new cab that has new doors already on. waaaaaay less time fiddling with the rusted out areas and more time to spend on the custom stuff. yeah, I know, big bucks. what time did I lose in the shop by working on my own stuff though. plus the tools and supplies used or worn out, the time NOT spent driving it (still not done, lol.). I could go on. that is why I recommend guys that are doing suspension clips and frame mods for the first time just spend the money on the new part instead of an old worn out clip that needs a full rebuild and then will get welded on at the "I think it's good" level.
anyway, end of rant. guys will try to do the "the cheap way" but in the end it may cost them more.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote