View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 05:53 PM   #25
SCOTI

Re: Wheels NOT Centered after drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCONUTS View Post
I purchased all new stock stock suspension from POL for my 66 stepside and my first question to them was which way the rear coil springs went in and they replied it was “just a matter of preference”. Funny they would say it may have something to do with the springs?..... I matched mine like the originals came out, but didn’t lower the truck like you. They are centered on the retainer plates, so how could that cause them to move? That was another question and concern that a friend asked me when I was going to do a 3/5 drop originally. I wouldn’t have even thought about it if my buddy hadn’t brought it up. I did look at moving the x member to see what was involved and think that’s your simplest way out. I replaced all the coils, shocks, steering components, ball joints, and a new driver side lower control arm without anything moving. I did have to purchase POL adjustable panhard bar as mine was bent enough to to prevent the centering of the rear end between my fenders. Looking at mine it isn’t centered and favors the rear by at least 1”

Nice looking truck...I wish my underneath was clean like yours.
For you & angelobackwards....

Is the rear end centered in the c-notch opening? It should be.

Based on the mechanical links:
*Truck arm length & mounting points
*Springs mounting points (between frame & T/A)
*Shock mounting points (between x-member & lower T/A bracket)

Things have to align to be able to fasten. The axle swinging closer toward the frame is going to shift it slightly but not by much or those mechanical attachment points wouldn't allow moving forward w/o a serious fight.

I would work on shifting the bed assembly as needed for your visual satisfaction & be done.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote