View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 12:27 AM   #5
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: 77 Cheyenne meets Ramjet 350 by N2TRUX

I did a compression check and every thing was to specs. Then we ran a leak down test. It indicated that the top end was loosing some compression but still not a real problem.

After some consulting with friends and mechanics it was decided that the top end of the motor needed to come off to see what it looked like. I felt it was time to make a decision. If the motor really needed a rebuild, I may as well put a new motor in. That sounds like a quick and simple thing to most people. You buy a 1500.00 crate motor and a weekend later your back on the road.

If your with me so far, you already know "we ain't most people, are we". Custom truck owners do not understand the concept of K.I.S.S. As one of our fellow forum members sig so aptly states, "If it ain't broke, fix it till it is"

Yeah, I considered a simple base 350 for about....ummm...2 seconds. Then the hot rodder in my blood got the best of me. If 250 hp is good, then 350 hp is better, right. Why not go with a HO 350! Yeah, well if a HO 350 is cool, then why not go with a Ramjet 350! Hey, now we are on to something.

It actually took me a month or two to decide, but I finally ordered a Ramjet 350.
Attached Images

Last edited by N2TRUX; 02-07-2006 at 01:03 AM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote