View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #10
jdl71

Re: Newbie thinking about diving into a '65 GMC 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxiss454 View Post
How did it run as original? I don't like how mine runs across the top of the valve cover. However, I do like having a fuel filter in line, but I could relocate that down under the cab where the PO had spliced in an electric fuel pump, which is now removed.
Something like this:

There should be no rubber between the pump and carb, only pump and frame where the engine can move independently from the frame, same from the frame to the cab, a short piece of rubber there. That is where I have my inline filter. I like it better there anyway, keeps junk from getting to the pump. My steel line is a replacement I ordered from Summit https://www.summitracing.com/parts/cst-ctc1011-ss but it's made by inline tube who I think makes them all, LMC, Classic parts, etc. It did not fit worth dog crap, and that seems to be the consensus from what I've read. Took a fair amount of manipulation to get it on there. If you can find an original that hasn't been cut to add a filter to the middle of it, that would probably be the way to go.

64 C10

66 K20
jdl71 is offline   Reply With Quote