View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
BlueJeep

My version of the s10 swap

I've posted bits and pieces of my swap here and there, but I'll put it all together here in one place now. Over the past 6-ish months, I've been working on swapping my 49 Chevy 1 ton onto an s10 frame.

It started out with a really clean (for Iowa) 1949 Chevy 3800 I bought from a farmer who had used it to haul produce to the farmer's market. It hadn't been run in about 5 or so years, and the block was said to be cracked in the original 216. The truck had a stake bed put on it when it was brand new and the tailgate removed....and stored. What I ended up with was a near perfect 9 foot bed that is perfectly straight, and an absolutely perfect tailgate that had been stored in a barn for 60 years!!

Here's what I hauled home:

And here's the donor, a 1995 s10 that was purchased to donate a front clip, and after doing so has sat behind a barn for the last 5 years. 207,000 miles on the TBI 4.3, 4L60, and it ran great! This would provide the chassis, engine, transmission, and any other part I could salvage off it and use on the 49.

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote