View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #2099
VWNate1

Post Re: Vacuum Hoses

Any time any vacuum hose is easily removed , it needs replacing straightaway as it's leaking vacuum and this is always a bad thing .

Periodically you should give any hose under the hood a slight tug when the engine is off ~ if it easily slips off without twisting , it is bad and needs replacing .

Most folks never give the various vacuum hoses any thought until it rots completely away and falls off ~ this is a serious mistake as your engine doesn't like vacuum leaks of any sort .

EGR valves are a mixed bag ~ older models tend to have a vacuum source to them as soon as the engine starts and this causes driveability problems , mostly flat spots off idle (hesitation) .

If you don't want to disable the EGR , choose a vacuum source that only provides a vacuum signal off idle .

-Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialBoss View Post
Hey that last bit about the easy to pull off hose may be true. The hose to my PCV valve is pretty easy to pull off the manifold port. I think that may be causing my engine to run really rough. I have to replace my EGR valve possibly as that may be bad too. I'm just trying to figure out why my engine is just having issues and running really rough before it warms up.