View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #56
CSHADES

Re: Rebuilding my 1977 plow truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13 View Post
The holes are different on the 81 up.
thanks. I guess I should have taken the advise I always give everyone else that's building something. Put the car completely together before painting. Of course the truck was still on the road when I was doing the cowl repair. I haven't loaded the other pics from my camera yet to show how I repaired the bolt hole problem so I will post the hood pics instead. The hood and radiator support are about the only sheetmetal parts I reused. I had looked for a perfect hood but could not find one around here. The junker guys across the street told me they had a spotless hood they would sell but their idea of spotless and mine must be a bit different. So I ended up repairing my original hood. It had a few rusty spots in the front vertical edge but was easy enough to fix. The only disappointing part was the fact that some how the dust decided to kick up a bit when I sprayed the clear. I ended up wet sanding and buffing the hood out which I swore I was not going to do on any part of a plow truck. I have done my fair share of sanding and buffing on the hot rod stuff. The purple truck behind the hood is the first one i did with base/clear and it has held up for 18 years now. I am getting to old and my arms get sore much faster.
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote