View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 02:04 PM   #16
BlueJeep

Re: My Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon with the C.B. and optional rally fun pack

Here is the stance I settled on! Now I wait for drop spindles to show up before I can continue with the front suspension. I plan on running a space saver spare tire and a "normal" gas tank, so the original tire well had to go. This would also give me additional access and light to work on the rear suspension!

To catch me up to current, I also installed my Walton Fab transmission crossmember. I saw this piece and really liked it. The K-member is integral to the front body mounts, and with this car I'm taking a different approach than I did with my truck and not custom fabbing everything. After installing this I have 2 learnings. 1) This is a quality piece, and it actually fits (unlike so many other aftermarket parts. 2) Cutting out factory rivets sucks, period. I had approximately 30 lbs of dirt fall on and around me as I was doing this. Since I was filthy, I committed myself to removing the rest of the rivets I wouldn't be needing before going in the house that night.
Attached Images

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote