View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 07:05 AM   #31
Smooth1SITF

Thumbs up Re: National Chevy/GMC Truck Association

We were a chapter of the original National club. Pickups 'n Panels of Dallas (Now just Pickups-n-Panels). National have over 11,000 members before the organization came to an end in 2000/2001.

I think your referring to National Member 1475 - Jim Shekell from Newburg, IN. Sold a lot of parts in the classifieds section and appears based on my research, VERY active in the shows National put on.

I'm still working on our Pickups 'n Panels In Print magazine library like mentioned earlier in the forum so there is a full record of the organization. If I am correct, we are still missing a total of 26 magazines from both of the 2 original runs. Our full list on hand can be found here:

http://www.pickupsnpanels.org/about-...gazine-library

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Now that you brought it up, I do remember you guys being a strong group and seeing pictures. What was the TPI/700r4 (in 47-59) guy's name in Ohio, Jim Sheckle? I think he did front clip jobs, too.

I remember getting a pair of new take off tow hooks. No, not extreme bend. But they came off a Blazer when new because they put a brush guard on. The fellow member/original owner sandblasted them and shipped them for $35 with nuts & bolts (blasted). I was buying N.O.S. 8-lugger hub caps for $30. $120 was a lot to pay for a set late-80s/early-90s. K/20 caps didn't cost anymore that the rest. I got N.O.S. ones from that listing. K/20s have always been my thing.
Engine: Currently - 350 / Proj Finish - 454 - Transmission: Currently - Muncie on the floor / Estimated to Finish - TBD - Bed: Currently Short Bed Fleetside w/Steel Floor / Finish - Short Bed Fleetside w/Red Oak Wood Floor & Matching Interchangeable Short Bed Stepside w/Red Oak Wood Floor
Smooth1SITF is offline   Reply With Quote