View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Mister-B
Account Suspended

Re: My costs to get the '69 "Right and Reliable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxmarqt View Post
Labor was 90% done by yours truly and the rest by some of my employees. Not sure how long I spent since it was all done a little at a time over the last 4ish weeks. I have access to a twin post lift so none of it was that difficult. The worst part was waiting for parts to arrive.

I have always had an unwritten rule that you should plan on spending half of the purchase price to get it right. Of course this doesn't work in all cases but is a nice rule of thumb if you are buying something decent without any major issues.

My "other" ride is a 1977 Jeep CJ7 (304ci, automatic, full-time 4wd). That one got a bit out of hand so I just throw the receipts away and pretend I am not buying stuff for it.

I consider everything on the list to be necessary for safety/travel comfort. When I own something older it has to be able to go 7-10 hr round trip, without any preventable issues, before I am happy. The only thing that is fluff is the air cleaner. Dual snorkels just look cool!!

I need to wash it and then I can take some pictures. Maybe I can convince the wife to bust out the bathing suit for a photo shoot.
You're still half the cost of a new Kia, and you've got a vehicle you can be proud to be seen in, isn't disposable, and can only go up in value if you take care of it.

As others have said, please post pics of the truck. I'm partial to '69 trucks myself

As for the bikini pics, yes please. But, be forewarned... one of the puritans on the site may flag your post, and it'll get deleted. So, PM them to me first lol.
Mister-B is offline   Reply With Quote