View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #16
pops70

Re: Steve's tinkerings

Quote:
Hey Pops70,

What size tire are you planning to run? What engine do you have and have you modified it?
My plans are to copy you. HaHaHaHa I want to run 35's with the least amount of lift possible. I purchased a set of 2" EZ ride front springs and have a set of 4" lift blocks for the rear that were a freebie. The rear of the truck currently sits one inch lower than the back of the truck and I have not installed my blazer tank yet which should add another 125 lbs or so when full. I am hoping the 4" blocks will level the truck. I will add a zero rate add-a-leaf to the front if it looks like I will be having clearance/height issues and possibly move the front axle forward for more clearance at the back of the fender. The front cups on the fenders are definately getting chopped.

The truck currently has a tired 454 that my dad built about 15-20 years ago with roughly 125K miles on it. I don't know much about the internals other than the mods were mild. It has an RV cam with roller rockers and I think I was told it has some upgraded heads off a corvette. He converted the clutch to hydraulic in the lat 80's. I am babying it and trying to get it to last another four years or so before engine replacement.

The truck does not see much high speed driving and will mostly be used to cruise around town. When I do change the engine out I would like to install an engine from a newer chevy, possibly a 6.0...I think. I want my cake and eat it to. I would like better fuel mileage with a nice gear setup. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
pops70 is offline   Reply With Quote