View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 04:49 AM   #1
bigblock73
yeller

cab corner 6x9 speaker brackets

OK, I finally found time to bend and install the cab corner 6x9 speaker brackets I had made. I also picked up a set of speakers and installed them as well to see how everything fit. With that said, I now feel comfortable selling the extra 10 sets I had made.

These are brand new speaker brackets I created off a set of aftermarket aluminum ones I found in a local salvage yard. I took measurements off of the originals, transferred them to CAD, made some adjustments to get them to fit better, and had them cut out on a CNC plasma cutter. It was more cost effective to have 12 sets made total (instead of just one set for the same price)...thus leaving me extras to offer for sale.

These will fit most 6x9 speakers, however, I found out the hard way they will not accomodate 6x9's with 4" diameter magnets. With that being said, I assume you could make them work with the use of a small spacer or slight modifying and repositioning of the speaker bracket itself. 6x9's with a 3 1/4" magnet fit absolutely perfect with no modifications needed. These will be delivered bare steel, so you'll need to paint to match your interior or exterior. Basic self-tapping sheet metal screws will be provided. I decided to use stainless steel button head screws and lock nuts when I mounted these in my '73, felt it matched my interior better.

Please study the below picture carefully to ensure these brackets will fit your truck. I believe some of the early 3-point belt trucks had the retractors mounted where the top of these brackets sit...and therefore will not work.

As of right now, all spare 10 sets are still un-bent, but I will be bending all of them Sunday morning (4/20), and will be ready to ship the following week.

Price for a set of these will be $62 shipped to your door (lower 48 only). I feel this is very comparable to those carpeted 6x9 boxes...and look 10 times better. This will also cover my initial expense to have these made plus the time I spent getting them to work. I won't be getting rich off these.

If interested, please reply here and send me a PM. I accept and prefer PAYPAL, but will take money orders or cashiers checks.

I will update the thread with the quanity I have left as sets are sold.

Thanks!

SOLD OUT

Purchases
babyjay
87bob
dragon (73-87chevytrucks)
84 400
truckdoctor (73-87chevytrucks)
f.monroe
just me8338
chromyelow1 (pending payment)
got2haul (73-87chevytrucks)
mhicks
Attached Images

Last edited by bigblock73; 02-23-2009 at 01:12 PM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote