View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #28
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Okay, so after a couple of weeks of trying to decide what to do with my build, and going back and forth between buying a cab from someone, buying another truck to take a cab, and spare parts from, as well as just fixing what I have, I have finally been convinced (for now at least...) by some good friends to just suck it up and try and fix what I have. Of course we will see how long this lasts.

I was also somewhat inspired by another board member who actually fixed all the stuff on his truck that I need to fix on mine. Of course, he has tons more experience than I do with this stuff. So, I purchased my welder and related material from HF, and am waiting for my welders stand to come in (it was $39.99 at HF, could not resist). Tomorrow, I also start taking welding classes at the Bergen County Adult Ed school; so hopefully that will get me even more motivated to do stuff.

So, on the list is:
  • Sealing up the vent panels. Replacing the front of the inner headliner.
  • Replacing the outer floor sections on each side.
  • Repairing the inner cowl, & lower cowl panel.
  • Replacing the lower door pillar.

We will see how it goes. Today, I just spent a couple of hours messing around with paint. Sprayed Rustoleum High Heat on my headers, and primed my power steering pump with Rustoleum Rust-to-primer. We (my wife and I) thought about painting the engine, but we decided it is best left for a warmer day, as we would like to have proper ventilation when we start it. We also tested the color of the engine paint I plan to use on the power steering pump. The lower engine will be a kind of glossy silver / metallic color.

I have attached pics of the parts we painted, and also of my wife painting. She's an artist, so I use that as an excuse to get her to work anytime painting needs to be done. Oh yeah, we also primed the hood hinges.

Nice to have a supportive wife, who does not mind getting her hands dirty. She still groans sometimes when she sees the costs racking up. I just signed up for Premium membership on this board so I can sell some spare stuff to offset my costs.
Attached Images

DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote