View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #29
jeffg1010

Re: Suburban Vintage Air A/C

GCBURDIC and I have been talking about this for a while. I am in the exact same boat as you. VA Gen II system not cooling the back good. This is EXACTLY what I was thinking about doing. Can you give me a "rough" budget of what you have involved in the rear air upgrade?

This may be a "must have" for my Burb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC71 View Post
Just added the rear A/C.
I went with the Vintage Air slim line heat and A/C unit and mounted it in the rear over head. I measured out 23 feet for the hose from front to rear and bought 2 lengths of 25 feet. ended cutting about 3 feet off. I ran the A/C lines on the passenger side of the truck and the heater on the driver side. It was really, really easy and works really well. The hottest weather that I have used it in so far was low 80s and with the front on low and rear on low it coos the truck extremely well. Turn it any higher and its to cold. The temp of the air from the rear is a little bit warmer. I measured 38 degrees from the front but about 42 from the rear. I may need to adjust the charge a bit.
One thing that worked out really well was the t fittings that I found. They connected inline with the current fittings so I did not have to splice into any of the lines on the existing A/C system.
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote