View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 06:30 PM   #7
slammed57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
First off, I can't stress this enough, you align ALL of the parts together, not do everything and then try to adjust the hood to fit them. I know that is what should be able to be done, but in reality it's just not like that.

You often have to give up a perfect fit somewhere to get a really bad fit "acceptable" somewhere else. Now, it looks like you have a repro fender, that can change everything. You often have to do a country western line dance to get all this stuff working.

It looks to me like the fender is too low and both the fender and the hood could go up. But the photos are a bit funky too.

Check out this "Basics of Basics" on taking photos and looking at something like this. http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/basi...it-499546.html

Brian
Thanks Brain , I agree with you with everything you said. These aftermarket fenders have fought me all the way and looks to more to come. The fenders may look like they need to Go down but it’s the stamping when they made these aftermarket fenders. You actually have to cut out about 1/4 strip and bring the top of the fender down to where it’s a good fit to the hood. And still have to work the fender to get an even parallel gap.I would not go aftermarket fenders again in the future but thank you for you advice. I’ll let you all know how it turns out in a week or two
Posted via Mobile Device
slammed57 is offline   Reply With Quote