View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #15
88lowrider

Re: We're waiting curiously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
Alright we're here waiting patiently if you're right or I'm right. Not like it's a competition though.
Sorry, got to do it again...I should have replaced the battery in the DMM.
I looked at it this morning and went, Uh oh? then replace the battery and it came back on and was fine....I hate 9 volt batteries and that is what it uses. Will pick a fresh one today.

Whatever is coming on or doing the draw, we will see how much over night. I will also take the other DMM and get battery volt measurement on it too.
I did check it but left the little 1.2 amp float charger on it for the last few days. When I did test it before we did that alt test to ground, to battery etc, I did have that charger on and it showed 13.37 volts before the test.
Now it has sat two days and even With that float charger on it when I pulled the battery cable from the post, and hooked up the amp meter last night.
Now this morning, the voltage across the battery is 12.21 volts..

OK, got a New 9 volt Duracell and will put that in for the next three days readings.
Trying to think (that is getting more difficult the older I get :-) if I should get a reading each morning to see if it spiked and reset or ?

OH..Forgot this meter. Not sure who made it for Tandy corp (like Sears, they don't make there own stuff either) that year but have tested it next to my high end fluke and its dead even.
Anyway, this thing did the Data collection and Data out. Problem is, its still the old Sub D 9 pin plug to were it hooks up the computer.
I just found the book on it so looking at what it can do. I see its Also 20 amps on the Amp test side. I see the cable is in the kit as well, powered up so will put a fresh battery in that one too.
More later, have some chores the good wife is asking me to do. A good woman is like a Good Harley, take care of them, they take care of you, pretty easy rule :-)

NO WAY...This is the meter I was telling you about. I have had it sense it was new and used it for something I needed the data for but that was just too many years ago, still works and still accurate in the test that I did with it.
This might come in handy too :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilm1qe8I5ZI

Last edited by 88lowrider; 05-14-2018 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Forgot stuff.
88lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote