View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #45
bohmankid

Re: Moby: My Chevy 4x4 ls swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAnthony View Post
If you're keeping the grill, mirrors, bumpers, etc chrome, then I'd keep the wheels either chrome or maybe the ones with the black centers and machined faces. The black wheels can look cool but need more black accents on the truck to look right IMO.
Thanks for your opinion, most people I've talked to about wheel color have voted chrome as well! I'll keep the thought of adding black accents to the truck though. Still haven't pulled the trigger on a wheel/tire package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treborjm View Post
Sorry for the loss of Bear! It does seem that you are off to great things with Moby.

What's the story with the red truck in your avatar? Is there a build thread for that truck too? I've see the youtube videos of it running.

Thanks for posting great write ups!

treb
Thank you for reading my threads! Im glad a few people enjoy them. There is no build thread for the truck in my avi. I owned that truck for a total of 6 months before i knew about this website, but I had a ton of fun with it. Since you asked, I'll post some pictures of it! Dont forget, you asked for it!

I welded up a cool 3 inch exhaust with 4.5" chrome tips

I installed a nice highliner headliner

I installed 2nd row seats out of a 2011 tahoe

Then one miserable day, someone accidentally backed their truck into mine

So I replaced the panels and did some body work

Still had fun though

Painted the bad panels. It's a burnt orange color by the way, not red. Pics don't do the color justice.

Still used this pretty truck in the mud and dirt. It ain't only good on pavement.

The orange truck had a built 350 with a large cam and a 4 speed with the granny gear. It actually spanked local Hondas in races and it made me feel good! Sounded like a big block. Would NOT pass emission tests, so that sucked. Had a 6 inch skyjacker lift with 35 inch toyos and 20 inch wheels. A very fun truck but I ended up trading it for a camaro and mustang package. I go through cars quite a bit.. I've had so many others.
bohmankid is offline   Reply With Quote