View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #71
SeniorVerde

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

My '71 sat for at least 10 years, neglected in front of this house that was on the way to a friend's house.
I had stopped before to see if it was for sale. I knew it wasn't doing much in it's current location, so it might go for cheap, but you know how some people can be weirdly sentimental. So I would check up on it from time to time. Even took the long way home just to see if all was well whenever I was in the area, but there was never anyone home.
One day I happen to be cruising by in my '67 and the guy was finally out in his driveway, putting some hokey hand-painted for sale sign on a stake in one of the bed rail holes.
I locked up the brakes and backed up and pulled into his driveway. The owner was laughing and shaking his head, and new he had caught a fish with the first cast- as he put it.

He told me he was the original owner, and had used it for a work truck for many years and then something quit and he just parked it. He wanted to fix it up, but didn't know how. He said I can take it for $500 if I promised to bring it buy when I had it fixed up again. (showing up in my '67 probably helped the sale). I got it to run, but the brakes were gone. He even called up AAA, telling me he gets a free tow a year, so he'd just have it flat bed hauled to my place. What a guy! I heard he moved to Sun Valley Idaho, so when the big block is in it, it's road trip time!
SeniorVerde is offline   Reply With Quote