View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 02:14 AM   #7
cjracing15

Re: Tbi swap build thread

Well I did not get to my truck till late today. But I did get rid of all the wires I do not need on the harness. What you see in the first pic is the harness all labeled and sorted out. As you can see it is kind of in two parts. Tomarrow I am going to take apart all the tie points in the harness and that will untangle the last of the wires and then i will recrimp all the tie points like the factory but hopefully a little less of a spaghetti mess. I will take pics of before and after i do this.

The second pic is where i am going to run my wires in the cab. It is the rubber grommet for the esc brain. It is the same size hole that was in the 90 suburban, so it should work real nice.

In the third pic you see the factory oil presure unit and switch adapter, in the last pic is the one out of the suburban that I will have to use because the tbi oil switch adapter has a different thread size than the carb model. I think I will just drill and tap the 90 model adapter for for the stock gage sending unit. You have to use this stock tbi switch to tell the ecm that the engine has oil press. because the fuel pump wire is run through this switch.

I will try and post here again tomarow. stay tuned.
Attached Images

1977 SWB stepside
1949 Chevy truck