Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 05:06 PM   #468
skymangs

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4orty6and2 View Post
Evening guys and skymangs! New guy here, been doing soooo much reading and checking out everybodies trucks.. love this site!!! First post on the forum and here is where its going to be!
Ive read every one of these posts 15 times over before I went digging in .. im a measure twice cut once guy... anyways. Im working on a 1951 AD short bed, have it finally sitting on an 89 S10 long bed chassis,, ive put a whole new front end in, quick ratio steering box, 4x4 (top of the line 04ish Envoy) rear diff with sway bar, disk and 3:73 gears(rare im told)

anyways I made your version 1 mounts and have tacked the fronts 2 1/8th" forward of the oval frame hole just behind the flare of the frame , I have the back end resting on a floor jack just to double check where the rears mounts need to go.. and where I need to be is 8 1/8th from the rear of the 5/8 hole.. which is fine.. but something isn't looking right to me. I have the drivers fender someone dangling there just to get a visual.. I don't seem to be centered in the wheel well , its like the cab needs to move forward some... ut I just wanted to ask if this is looking right to you.. I have uploaded a few pics.. your help and knowledge has and is greatly appreciated!!!

looks great to me. Now put on your 2 inch drop spindles to bring down the front end.
skymangs is offline   Reply With Quote