View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 02:29 PM   #6
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Fan Switch wiring, wiring kits & fuse box panel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
The pink wire is connected to the B terminal on the switch. It is the power wire to the switch which you can deduce by reading the legend to the right in the picture in the post above.

The power to the pink wire is provided by the jumper shown as the orange wire from the main high speed relay over to the anti-dieseling relay. It then goes to the B terminal on the control switch.

If you look at the legend and read the instructions, it says to get the different speeds connect B to L, M or H which refer to low medium and high fan speeds. It then tells which wires make the connections.
If I understand this right, then the brown and pink go to the "B" terminal, correct? I hadn't noticed the letter codes on the fan switch, nor studied the grid. They're helpful thank you.

My switch was wired as:

Yellow to L terminal
Orange to H terminal
Light Blue to M terminal
Brown to B terminal
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote