Thread: George...
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #89
69gmcc10

Re: George...

Lots to talk about, but not allot of pictures to show, sorry. Things went slow on sat, I drove an hour up to my 72 parts truck and bolted the 69 rear end under it, picked up a receiver hitch I need to modify and stole an 80’s quadrajet I might use with my 700r4 from my father. Then I drove back home and fought with cutting holes in the cross member for the exhaust pass through, the wood clamped to the cross member didn’t work well for me because the hole wallowed out and the board kept shifting. I fixed it good by tacking a steel piece over the opening and it worked like a charm.

Sunday allot happened, but it happened so fast that I didn’t have time to take more pictures. My brother and I welded up the pipe in the holes and did the mad dash to get all of the suspension under the truck in time for the 3 people I had to come help put the bed on so we could set the pinion angle. I ran into a few snags getting the suspension on and I had people standing around for an hour just giving me a bad time waiting to do 5 min of work. Thanks to them all I couldn’t have done it without you and I am sorry it took so long to do.

The largest problem was that when we mounted the trailing arm mounts to the cross member we couldn’t get the large trailing arm bolts in the mounts because the carrier bearing was too close, so we had to grind a little off one side of the head of the bolt for clearance. Then the weak minded people I had tricked to come help me move the bed of the truck made quick work of it and they were off without so much as a beer (Again thanks!). Then I mounted the springs, brackets and spacers, and mounted the wider and cleaned up axle housing under the truck. Finally I threw 3 tires in the bed, centered up the rear dropped it on some jack stands, hopped up and down on it, set the pinion angle, and tacked it in place.

Hera are all the pictures I have, sorry there weren’t more. I will take a few more after pics when I get home and post them tomorrow.
Attached Images

03 Silverado build thread-http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=591582
69gmcc10 is offline   Reply With Quote