Thread: George...
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #100
69gmcc10

Re: George...

Do you remember when you were a kid and you would try to explain something to an adult and no matter how fast or how many times you explained what you were excited about the thought didn’t come across to them and they made you stop, focus and start over? That is what I feel like I am about to do to everyone who reads this. Forgive me while I type slow and direct so I don’t use the English language as vomit instead of a concise (hope I spelled that right, CRAP...it's starting already!) device to convey thoughts feelings and situations.

…a freshly painted rear end with a posi unit is not easy to roll around on the ground by your self, and it is heavy, but doable… ...your wife (if you have one) will walk outside at the very momemt you are draging your rear end (differential not rectum) across the driveway and ask you what you are doing... …it is a wider 71 unit with HD 2 ¾ rear drums and 3.73 gears with an Eaton… …the rear springs are a reused stock item and it has 2” lowering blocks and a long No Limit panhard bar… …I know that the bar should be parallel to the ground, but No Limit said that the 5* down is really good… …I rolled the rear under the truck and loosely mounted everything and then measured allot, all of my measurements resulted in me not needing to move or adjust the rear side to side, front to back or anything, so I measured again… …3/4’ u bolts take allot of foot lbs to torque (I used 180 because when I looked for the answer I found every number from 140 to 225 foot lbs)… …I purchased the inline tube braided stainless brake line kit for a 71/72 c-10 because that is what I am converting the suspension to… … I assumed that the fittings were tight and I didn’t tighten them… …I found out right before I got help bleeding the breaks… … the brake fluid was filthy… …the Monroe sens-a-trac shock looks good with all of my other black pieces…

I hope you understood that and enjoy my photos
Attached Images

03 Silverado build thread-http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=591582
69gmcc10 is offline   Reply With Quote