View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
old Chevy guy

Re: Question on C20 front disc brake spindles

I just swapped a bunch of disk stuff on my truck. I believe if you have 71-72 spindles and disk set up you should be able to swap it right in ball joint to ball joint. same steering linkage That said you will need a newer master cylinder also the proper one to go with 71-72 disk brakes. You probably need the right power booster too and I'm not sure about the proportioning valve. It is also my understanding that a complete setup from 73-87 everything ball joints out will also bolt on. I just bolted a disk setup from a 78 C 30 onto my 71C20. other than rerouting the brake line a bit it was a direct bolt on. I kept same a arms , ball joints and tie rod ends and swapped everything else. Spindles calipers and rotors. My truck already had disk brakes but my end game was to get the bigger calipers and rotors as well as get the extended centers to run the Bud wheels in front . Somebody more knowledgeable will chime in and tell you the other things you need for sure to complete the disk conversion as far as master booster and prop valve.
old Chevy guy is offline   Reply With Quote