View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 10:03 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: Headlight Adjusters

All happy with my success I go out on the road to adjust the beam. No traffic Sunday night and my road is straight as an arrow in front of my place. But it doesn't seem the driver side, the one I replaced the adjusters on last fall, is pulling over to my side of the road. I back it out a lot, then get the light and pop the hood to look and see if I have enough thread so I don't back it all the way out. Plenty, like a whole lot. Seems strange after all the turning. With the light shining on the back side I try to back out and that's when the whole thing fell out, that gall dang plastic crap and all. I inspect and it's made with the prongs too long also. I guess it didn't work out right last fall either, but it was holding all that time. Looks like it's repeat what I did on the passenger side with JB Weld. I swear...

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote