Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #121
jaros44sr

Re: PO has me PO'd

Here's my current progress on th 'B' post repair, also found some ugly rust repair from the PO. I think this is the last pos repair from him on the truck, anyway I haven't seen any of his handywork elsewhere.

Kinda strait forward, just made up a patch for step up, it does have a very slight ( 1/8"- 3/16" ) offset. Makes the 'B' post patch panel line up better if you put it in, just bent it in my vise, nothing fancy. The offset is located where the vertical white dots are. Then its just a matter of cut and fit the patch panel. The patch panel itself fits pretty well, but I had to slot and rebend the area where it meets the floorboard. Seems like the 1/2 round shape of the pc. doesn't want to match up. So you have to cut and bend to fit, I just used channel lock pliers. This was the only area that had to be worked on from the patch panel. Nice work Goodmark!!

I removed my seatbelt hold down plate, I want to relocate to the floor, just like the drivers side. Also there is a small bracket at the base of the step up and floorboard that I have to fab. up, doesn't look difficult tho.

Actually, I should mention that you have to work outward back, since the patch panel is located behind the lower front bedside support, hard to explain, but you will see once you get into this area.

OK so here are the pics.

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 01-15-2007 at 07:27 AM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote