View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #115
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Roof View Post
Awsome buy ! This will make things a whole lot easier for you. Are the rocker boxes as fine looking as the rest?
He said they are solid, that the only rust is by the kick panels and some on the windshield frame. I asked for picks on that area. It's not a deal breaker, just want to know if it's fixable. Now I'll have an extra set of rocker boxes. I have a windshield frame that has a little rust, but fixable. I'll sell what I don't end up using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutNova View Post
great buy, how many blazers/ jimmys have you had now? 3 ? lol!
We'll call it 2.5. I'm just getting the body, no frame. I found another K-5 at a junkyard the other day. It's toast, but has some parts I have go back and scavenge. I know where a 2wd 72 CST is sitting also. Been trying to get that one for over a year now.

So plans are only changing a little. Still working on getting it driveable so I can test out all of the other mechanical systems. Instead of patching up the body though, I'll be doing a swap. And since it's so nice, I'll put on good doors and a good front clip (I might get that from the same seller). Who knows after that.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote