View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #1
dirtfarmer22-250

Will It Hook Or Did I Build A Drift Rig?

I done some trading last winter and ended up with a fresh rebuilt 71 model 454. I don't know much about the motor except it's got domed pistons a aluminum intake, and a 850 holley on it. It has 049 heads that looked like they came from the machine shop yesterday. I had it running on a stand and water leak around the valve stem seals so I pulled that head off and had it fixed. That's when I saw the domed pistons. The cam has a really steep ramp. I used the Kwik Performance serpentine belt set up. Got it put together and it sounds amazing. Instant throttle response.

All that said, the truck I put it in is a RCSB 91 GMC. A fresh 350 trans with a shift kit and stock converter (for now). Right now it's single tracked with I think a 373 gear. What am I going to have to do to get it to hook up? I don't plan on taking it to the track but I would like to bust on a Mustang or 2. I'm use to messing with 64 to 72 chevy truck and they hook pretty good on drag radials but this is a new deal for me.

Sorry I kinda rambled on there. Any suggestions, tips, tricks greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..
dirtfarmer22-250 is offline   Reply With Quote