View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 10:57 PM   #534
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Only got to work on the truck today. Yesterday decided to take the motorcycle out for a ride with some friends as it was the perfect weather for it. Was going to work on the truck in the later afternoon, but was reminded at the last minute we had to go to my nephews birthday party. I did make a detour to HF on the way to pick up a few things I need - priorities.

This is what I decided to go with to reinforce the trailing arms - made them out of some pieces of bed frame I cut up. I used weld-thru primer on the arms and the back of the plates, so I have not welded it in place yet to allow time to dry.

The metal has been cleaned up and primered since I took this pic.

I sandblasted most of the parts that will be painted with Chassis Saver prior to installing, and installed the differential cover and gasket.

Of course something as simple as the differential cover could not go easy. Turns out the bolts that came with the cover are too long and I can't get them all seated properly. Gotta go to HD tomorrow and get the right bolts.

I could reuse the old ones, but the threads are not great on all of them, and they look crappy on the new cover.

The end result is I did a lot today, but did not complete anything.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote