View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #34
CSHADES

Re: Special 1946 project

I have always loved the gas station stuff. I worked in a Mobil station back in high school and we had the Sinclair station at the end of our street when I was in grade school. The diner thing was just something I came up with to get a use out of the basement area. I really didn't want another living room or tv room. I wanted something funky that was usable and also gave me a place to buy for and display cool old stuff. At this point in my life it is the room in the house that I have any kind of control over. I did have a home office in one of the basement bedrooms when I lived by my self that I had more gas station stuff and also some cool old toys in, but I lost that to one of her kids a few years ago and then to her after he moved out. It was funny when I found this workstation I was trying to talk myself out of buying it because of the expense and work that I knew it was going to take to get it done and she was the one who convinced me that it would great as a back bar and fit the part much more that the cabinets and counter top that was there. So next I am looking for a vintage refrigerator for down there or I am going to use the coke machine my uncle gave me for a fridge (with major work). Like I said at the beginning of this thread I know this isn't a truck but I feel it is part of the history with our trucks and I felt that it should be saved for the future. I am positive that a majority of these have been thrown away, destroyed or left out somewhere to rot. I am also happy that I have a real use for it that wont cause any harm to its finished form.
CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote